Tuesday 6 November 2007

Me@ Terry Fox Run 2007

It is now 1.15pm,7th November and am sitting down at Starbucks enjoying my cup of Latte while waiting for my customer. Thought of popping in to my blogspot to do more updates of what i did last weekend. My friends had been screaming at me why i haven't been posting their photos of the Terry Fox event. So, decided to do it now so they can all be in my blog. Hahahaha....

Yup, last week Sunday(4th November 2007) was the Terry Fox run at Lake Garden. Decided to do some charity for this cancer fund foundation since a lot of good things have come to me this year. Time to contribute back, don't you think so? I was waiting for this run for the past one week and finally when Sunday comes....i could not wake up! We were suppose to gather at the Lake Garden @8.45am. I woke up at 8.00am and was hungry. I even had time to do a nice oatmeal with raisins & almonds for myself. So that wasted me another 20 min. So by the time i reached Lake Garden, it was 8.45AM. The place was jam packed with cars and mountain of people!! When i reached to the registration site, t-shirt that i booked earlier was sold off cos i came late. Bummer....Luckily, they got one last piece which is XXS. It just fits perfectly....

However, I was also waiting for another couple friends to come and they were late as well! So by the time they reached, it was already 9.30am. By that time, everyone already finished their run and start drinking the free Milo, eating muffins, and bananas! Hmmmm.....


nov event 103
Look at the number of people walking towards the starting line....


nov event 102
This was car park way up to "Tugu Negara"...We had to park our car here to and walk all the way down for about 15-20 minutes....That's our warm up too


nov event 105
This was car park way up to "Tugu Negara"...We had to park our car here to and walk all the way down for about 15-20 minutes....That's our warm up too


nov event 112
The muffins were given out FREE to participants....I thought i had to purchase to do the charity but in fact they were like 5-6 boxes free muffins. It was really yummy and to the company/person who gave this out was really kind


nov event 116
Me munching on 2 muffins....Nah too high of a calorie. It was just for photoshoot purposes....One more muffin was reserved for my late "couple" friends.


nov event 110
Free mineral waters as well...And not to mention bananas. It is essential after the run/before the run....


nov event 113
Look at the mountain of eaten bananas....


nov event 118
This was the faces of people who finished their run. If you look behind, there was a long "Q" at the Milo truck....This was the most popular of the day....


nov event 122
My high school friends from SMKB who i met @ the event. Me the "dry" cos never did the run and they the "wet" one who finished the run....


nov event 120
This was another of their "KODAK" smile pose....with half eaten muffin .....


Terry Fox022
Group pose.......Hey look at the girls not the boys.....Statistic shown that they are more beautiful girls in Malaysia then handsome guys....This photos just confirm the report! No offense guys...Ahem...


Terry Fox022
The guy in the middle holding the half eaten muffin was actually my stardard 1 school mate. I don't recall his face but he could recognize me. He left our school after standard 2! What good memory he has...I bet he is top student....


Terry Fox023
This was the late couple who made me miss the run.....Hmmmmm and they are eating happily with muffins?


nov event 133
Our last cup of Milo of the day......

My overall verdict of the event:
Very well organize and lotsa food....I give it a 8 out 10 "Terry run"

3 comments:

s.kuan said...

how come everyone gets banana at the run accept me :P

Steve Chua said...

It's 4:45 am,10th Nov 07, Steve is leaving a thought on Vampy Thoughts. Steve thinks Vampy is crazy as ever over sports.. and that's what hot about vampy..that's the end of my thought, vamp...

vampynyam said...

slowcatchupkuan, the bananas were one of the hottest, fast grabbing food item too. Were you able to grab the free muffin??

steven, thanks for dropping by and thanks for your humor....hahaha